Monday, April 7, 2008

The weather, after several days of blah and rain, has brightened up and is wonderful again. In spite of my illness, I took advantage of it this weekend to go for a hike/walk at the Peak and then to go to the beach! I hadn't been to a beach in Hong Kong (except that disastrous attempt to Sai Kung shortly after my surgery when I couldn't go in the water...see one of those November entries about that), so this was my first proper time to the beach. It was nice. We went to Repulse Bay which like everything awesome in HK (except Festival Walk) is a good two hours from campus. Anyway, we read on the beach, went swimming, and built a large sand wall to prevent the tide coming in. It reminded me of being at Bald Head and the many times that I would do said activity, or just dig really big holes in the beach for no good reason whatsoever.
What I liked about Repulse is that I felt safe, which is odd, because I usually feel incredibly unsafe at beaches. The waves were not strong, there wasn't really an undertow at least where I was, and the water is 'fenced' in. Normally I don't like to go in much over where I can touch, but I felt comfortable swimming out.

Anyway, I got a fantastic tan and the sun, sand, and water cleared up my head for a bit, although by the time I got back to campus, I thought I was going to die from my headache. But it was totally worth it.

Chill day today...called in sick to the primary school since it sounds like I'm trying to cough up my lungs. Taught a class here. Went to the grcoery. Cleaned my room. Took an LSAT test....well, 3/4 of one. I'd done the first section last week. I need a lot more practice, suffice it to say. Took a two and a half hour nap where I had strange dreams about books I've been reading. Incredibly disconcerting.

I can't believe it's April. I feel like time has been steadily increasing in speed since I went off to college. Freshman year was so quick, soph/junior year even faster, senior year a blur, and this! Sometimes it feels like I've been here for years, and other times it feels like I just got off the plane and am still jet-lagged. Of course, the hint of the Aug/Sept weather helps that sensation.

Oh! And I can not only jog and wear small heels...I also *finally* broke myself of the habit of using my knee brace.

1 comment:

SBTVD said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.