Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Things that amuse me:

1) I was leaving the hospital this morning and saw a bus which said: Spastic Association of Hong Kong.
2) My PT today asked me which exercise hurt more: the one where they rig me up to a pulley or just pulling my bent leg into me. I said the latter. She then told me "Oh, then you need to try harder. You must hurt yourself more."
3) Making gingerbread houses and decorating cookies! (or rather, watching students make gingerbread houses and eating all the cookies)
4) my new boots! Fantabulous. They completely change the way I walk, and I realize how much I've missed making click-click-clicks as I walk.
5) Students mispronouncing (in a story they have to read for a pronunciation test) words. Eeyore is really hard. And another ETA heard 'Pignet' for 'Piglet'.
6) Adorable kindergarten students. Every time I work the kindergarten class, it makes me want to be a young-children's-teacher. Hahahahahahaha. Can you imagine?

Things that are frustrating and yet still amusing:

1) Waiting an hour to meet with my surgeon for him to spend less than five minutes with me. And then he just tells me that I'm still off on my extension by 5-10 degrees and he'll see me in six weeks. But! He makes me so nervous! And it's hilarious! On a medical level, I completely trust him and think that the procedure went quite well (as far as I know)...no massive swelling or bruising, off crutches within two and a half weeks, etc. But on a personal level, he makes me nervous...he seems flustered (maybe because of the English, but his English is really good) when he meets me, and then he stares me straight in the eye when I'm talking but his eyes flit all over the place (wall, charts, ceiling, papers) when he's talking. He also told me that if the screw in my leg bothers me, they can take it out in a year. Hahahano.

I guess that's the only thing I find frustrating at the moment.

Things that make life awesome:
1) Watching the scene with Genie and Aladdin Monday night. And then teaching and practicing "Friend Like Me". Let's say that during one of the run-throughs we couldn't even finish the song because I was laughing so hard I couldn't count it out for them and they missed the musical cue.
2) Going to China on Monday!!!!!
3) No PT for twelve days!!!!!!!! :-)
4) Getting a real meal for the first time in four days tonight!!!!!!!

Sometimes I have to go through and remind myself that there's so much more to my life than the hospital and my stupid stupid knee. I've been three times this week already to the hospital. *sigh* It hurt so bad today. I blame having to be on my feet for work for several hours yesterday.


But but! Life is good! Fun! Awesome! And pain that makes you cry isn't enough to be a problem, yeah?


The sun on the meadow is summery warm
The stag in the forest runs free
But gather together to greet the storm
Tomorrow belongs to me
The branch of the linden is leafy and green
The Rhine gives it's gold to the sea
But somewhere a glory awaits unseen
Tomorrow belongs to me