Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sunday night again, and the days are just flying.

The week went fine. Nothing terribly exciting Mon-Thurs. We got to try on our costumes for Aladdin. The white ones are really pretty...long silky white skirts and short tank tops with sequins. The ones for Friend Like Me are hilarious. Bright Christmas red frilled button down shirts with paper-thin glittery silver tuxedo jackets. And silver top hats with glittery. Amazing.

Tuesday night there was a nail painting event at the dorm...I did French tips! :)

On Friday a few of us went on a shopping trip for our dorm Holiday party. We had to go to Ikea far far away (all right, Kowloon Bay, but it's a lot farther than Sha Tin) for gingerbread house kits. We're going to make houses, decorate cookies, make snowflakes, and have holiday songs. I've been making snowflake decorations yesterday and today. I'm getting better at them, which doesn't say much considering how the first ones started out.
On our trip, we swung by Taste at Festival Walk and got a baguette, Brie, and Edam. Yum! Haven't had cheese like that in ages. So delicious.
Friday night I went bowling! My first game was terrible, even by my standards. My second game wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. The place was really nice...clean, brightly lit, etc. It was also in a place called The Wonderful World of Whampoa. Across from a mall in the shape of a boat, sitting in about half a foot of water.

Saturday I went to Tai Po for a bit of shopping. I got boots! Boots that I can actually wear...ie without enormous heels like the ones I have. And opaque tights for warmth! I might even go back and get another pair. I've been wearing a lot of skirts here (my dress pants are too long to be worn without heels, can't wear heels because of my knee, and so), and with the weather getting 'colder' my legs are always cold. And a great black and white skirt...a little thin and perhaps thus summery. But considering it really isn't that cold here, it shouldn't be a problem. I also got a new blanket, and I've realized that one of the reasons I haven't been sleeping well the last couple nights is because I'm cold. I slept so well last night. Despite the fact that I am coming down with a cold. *pouts* Sore throat, sneezes, head and body aches. Hopefully I can shake it before China! We're leaving in a week. Very exciting!!!

Today I slept in for hours...and then I got up and did laundry and went back to sleep. So I've been awake for a total of maybe five hours today. *beams*

Arabian niiiiiiiiiiights
Like Arabian daaaaaaaaaaaays
More often than not
Are hotter than hot
in a lot of good waaaaaaaaaaays
Arabian niiiiiiiiiiiights
'Neath Arabian mooooons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
Out there on the duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunes

*pleased face*


No comments: