Sunday, March 9, 2008

With the end of Aladdin, one would assume that time would suddenly be a bountiful commodity, but alas, such is not the case.

Interestingly, dance things have kicked in. I did an African dance workshop on campus on Thursday. Six people showed up and we danced ourselves silly. I was impressed with how quickly they picked up the moves! It was a lot of fun...and a lot of work. I'd forgotten how exhausting teaching/learning that dance is. Then, another ETA and I are working on some dances for a thing (apparently my new favorite word, on this day) in April. Indian dance, which to use an expression from my PT I've only touched. We worked two and a halfish hours on Friday, and it was good. Also a workout, which is what I need. Not quite related to dance, but physical movement none the less, I can jog! Not long or quickly, but I can do it!

I volunteered to do a Primary School Easter party on Friday afternoon. We had the students decorate paper eggs and then had them hide and find them. We also did an egg toss with hardboiled eggs. It turned into more of a throw-the-egg-as-hard-as-you-can-while-screaming-or-giggling-hysterically event, but was amusing for us.
I will also be doing (with other ETAs) an Easter party in the dorm on Tuesday. And in preparation of that, we 'blew' eggs today. This involves making two small holes in an egg and blowing out the contents then cleaning them in preparation of decorating them. This makes them last longer. Although I miss making Easter eggs back home and having contests with them.

I (finally) started LSAT prep. With the assistance of another ETA who has already taken the test, I started working on the Logic Games section. And it's so much easier to understand what's going on when someone maps it out and helps you work through a problem rather than trying to figure it out through a book. I've still obviously got much more work to do, but at least I don't feel quite as helpless as I normally do when faced with those questions.

I also went to a karaoke place last night! We got a room (seven of us) and sang loudly and no doubt offkey for close to three hours. It was a hilarious and good time.

Easter break is in a week. It seems like we're always having breaks. Ridiculous. I plan to study/explore Hong Kong. I was in Wong Tai Sin today looking for the place where I'll take the LSAT (yes, I know the test is in June, but one of the other ETAs has a test there in a few weeks, so I tagged along for the finding of it), and I realized how much I don't know Hong Kong at all. We'll blame my knee.

The weather is being simply stunning. Warming up, sunny, a little snap in the air. :)

And classes are going well.

So I guess my week can be summed up as a week of egg-blowing, scream singing, mall shopping, lsat studying, Easter partying, random dancing type THING.

No comments: