Sunday, October 14, 2007

It occurred to me today that my Bryn Mawr email is probably about to be deactivated. And with it would go all the papers, applications, etc. that I did the past three years. So I proceeded to go through my email folders, helpfully labeled "Academia" and "Apps". I pulled several essays, some random writing pieces, and a few letters that I had written in word, printed out, and mailed. One of these days, when I'm feeling inspired or depressed I'll read through them.

I downloaded the Scrabble application on facebook. It's kind of amazing. I wish I had a scrabble game on my computer.

I started reading another Alison Weir book...Eleanor of Aquitaine, which takes me back a couple centuries earlier than I normally read as far as British history goes. Interesting thus far...all thirty some odd pages that I've read. Sometimes, when I think about what I'd like to do with my history degree, I have to admit that it's already been done: take some of the interesting/scandalous/shocking/dramatic/old-fashioned tales of history, and write novels about them. Then I realize the reason I want to do this is because someone (by name Philippa Gregory) has already done this. And she's not the only one, of course. I mean, obviously, there's a ton more history out there, and a million stories to be written about them. I just have to find another area/era that captures and holds my interest like Britain in that time.

I'm really into the soundtrack of Cabaret right now. And by that I mean I've listened to "Wilkommen," "Mein Herr," "Tomorrow Belongs to Me," and "I don't care much" over and over today. *sigh*

The week begins with a bang...PT at 8:45am. And ends with yet another public holiday. And the students here have another reading week, so no workshops or Spanish classes. Craziness!

So goals of this week: choreography for Friend Like Me, planning next weeks classes/workshops, write that thing I've pseudo-started but not really, survive PT. Reasonable, right? Doable, even? :)

No comments: