Tuesday, October 9, 2007

So work is going well. I've done one session of each of my workshops so far and one session at the Primary School. Spanish courses start tomorrow. We're doing two classes and each have twenty people registered for them. *gulp*

Shanita and I worked for almost four hours last night. We worked with the Genie, Aladdin, and the Carpet for an hour or so on "Prince Ali" and then spent the rest of the time developing the 'gestures' for the choral version of "A Whole New World." Then we proceeded to the dancing version of it, which I'm happy with. And the costumes for that scene are those really fun skirts with lots of extra fabric so that they spin out and can be incorporated into the dance. So we did.

I had PT again today. Despite their telling me last week that I only have to come in once a week, they now decided that I should start doing twice a week again. They also informed me that my score was up to 64, where it was 38 when I first came in. This score is based on a variety of things...pain, range, intrusion of injury on daily activities etc. So, as my PT said, I am improving but I have to make quite a bit more progress before the surgery, that she would like to see it up to 80 or 90. She then also told me that the next surgery will be much worse than the last one and that the recovery will be worse. She must have seen terror in my eyes or something, because she hastened to add that the surgery is not dangerous and that the doctor is very skilled, but that it's a tricky procedure. That will help me sleep at night. weeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Having received that wonderful news, I solaced myself (can I even use 'solace' as a verb?) by purchasing acrylic paint and two paint brushes and doing two paintings. Which admittedly took me close to three hours....shhhhh. They're pretty generic (read not good), but I enjoyed doing them, and it got my mind off my stupid knee. And how they're now telling me that when it hurts...push a little bit more.

I was looking at some pictures I had put up on the cork board in my room. I miss Taia and Grace. There's one of us in the pool from this summer, goofing off, you know. They'll be so much older by the time I get home. Craaaaazy. But then again, I suppose I will have grown up some too. Maybe. :)

Perhaps I'll go into Tai Po for dinner. Ramen with pork? McDonald's? Curry? Random place with good food? Yum!!!
I love eating. *happy dances*

No comments: