Wednesday, November 7, 2007

And so it's Wednesday morning. I 'slept in' after going to bed late last night. Woke up several times in the middle of the night, and was pretty much awake by 8 something anyway. It's cool outside, there's a bit of breeze coming through the window, and I don't have to be anywhere today until 2:30.

So yesterday one of the professors at IEd invited some of us to a dinner at her apartment in JC. I've seen the student apartments there, but this was really nice. And she had it decorated with all sorts of collectibles, paintings, and embroidered squares of cloth that she had gotten in China. They were so pretty. I wish I could embroider like that. Anyway, she's Australian and the dinner was in honor of the Melbourne Cup, a horse race. Maybe I should make my birthday something in honor of Derby. Because we ALL know how COMPLETELY into Derby I am. *scowls* Anyway, the meal was delicious. We started out with a drink, because apparently a beer or a bundy (spelling? Rum and coke, leastwise) is how you should start a meal in honor of the race. And then there was roast lamb, a plethora or vegetables, and cake. And then we had a mock race. It was really fun. I had to leave early to go to my JC hours, but still. A good time, good company, wonderful food. My first real meal in a couple days.

I had PT yesterday morning. I didn't meet with my normal PT, as she's still on vacay. But the one I met with told me that they're going to take it easy on me for the first two or three weeks after surgery (how considerate of them), and then after that the recovery process for the ACL reconstruction surgery is much more aggressive. Much more? I mean, he took my crutches away from me and made me walk the length of the room, telling me to stretch my leg and not hold it in a bent position, then he made me get on the little bike pedaling thing. He checked the angle of my knee, it's at 75 degrees, and said that for this week my goal should be to get it to 90 degrees. Last time I couldn't get my leg to like 50 degrees for weeks after the arthroscopy. He did, however, say that my surgeon had done a good job. Apparently there is very little swelling or bruising...I mean, I didn't notice any at all. Which is indicative of a masterful job done on behalf of my surgeon. So well done him. Anyway, I go back on Tuesday to see the doctor and then on Wednesday to see the PT.

Work has gone as well as work can go when moving hurts as much as sitting and standing still hurts twice as much as that. PS is doing well. :) I think. My room is a mess because I haven't put things away for almost a week, and I have about twenty books scattered within easy reach of my bed. On the bright side, I'm allowed to take off the wrapping to shower, which means that I only have to wear like two bags instead of four. *beams* It really is the little things, sometimes, that make getting up easier.

Off to do that getting up and ready thing, office work perhaps, help desk, Spanish class, and then a meeting...at McDonalds. Weeeee foooooooood!!

No comments: