Friday, November 16, 2007

Graduation is today and tomorrow here at IEd. There's crazy madness. I had PT early this morning (a whole story in of itself) and by the time I got back, there were security guards, police, taxis, people running around in robes with flowers and large stuffed animals. Next time I graduate from somewhere, I would like a two foot stuffed animal with a graduation cap...preferably a Hello Kitty or Stitch graduate. Anyway, I didn't actually go to graduation (mine was long enough thank you very much), but I peeked over to where it was being held. It's in the Central Plaza, outside, near the Canteen. And if you've not been to IEd's campus that means nothing, and if you have, then you probably didn't need me to tell you where it was. Anyway, it seemed quite nice. I like their hoods better than the ones I had at graduation...mainly in that they're not made out of rabbit fur. They all look like they could be teachers. When I graduated, I didn't look like I was ready to go out into the workforce. Sometimes, the students here look so young, and yet the graduates looked like they had the confidence I lack. Although this could be because they know they have been trained for the profession they are about to enter, as oppposed to me. So since I didn't see any of the ceremonies, all I can say is that they blocked off the short way to get to the office and my knee locked going the long way and there was no food for lunch, and believe it or not, I think I may need to eat something other than Cup Noodles.

Now then, on to the never-ending-somewhat-amusing-sometimes-depressing saga of my knee.
They came up with a new way to erm help me today. It involves electrical stimuli. They attach electrodes to my thigh and I get 10 seconds of electric waves or something during which I have to hold my leg off the table as straight as I can get it and then 10 seconds of a break. For fifteen minutes. And having electricity run through your leg is weird. It tingles, kinda hurts, and feels odd. And then the pain from having to hold my leg up didn't help. *sigh* Oh well. I got a new expression about pain though. "You have to touch the pain." I like this one. You know, you don't go up and shake pain's hand and say "how the hell are you doing pain?" You get to just poke it, maybe with a spoon? Like a badger, really. :)

Thanksgiving is coming up. How bizarre.

I slipped this afternoon. They were washing the floors on my hall, and I knew they were wet, so I was walking very slowly and carefully with one hand on the wall, and I still slipped. I'm so clumsy sometimes, it's hard to believe I can perform onstage.

We blocked "One Jump Ahead" last night. It pretty much looked a hot mess. But then again, "Prince Ali" looked a good bit worse when we started it, and it's cleaned up quite nicely.

I realize that as I write these entries, I can't figure out how to stop talking/writing, assuming I'll run out of steam sooner or later. So I just keep going. But I have a meeting sooner rather than later, and so I have to end this thing somehow...

je suis venu mais je suis pas venu tu penses

No comments: