Sunday, November 11, 2007

I just realized I've lost feeling in part of my leg. The surgeon warned me of this before the surgery...he said sometimes people get a sort of numbness in their leg, and that sometimes it takes months to go away, and sometimes it never does. I noticed it last week when they were cleaning my stitches. The sanitizer they were using was cold, but on certain parts of my leg, I couldn't feel that it was cold or wet. I didn't get a chance to investigate then, but as I was rewrapping it after my shower today, I realized that it's kind of numb and tingles a little bit if I touch it. *meep*

I just want to be better. I just want it to all be over, to not have to do PT, to not spend the nights tossing and turning to find a way to sleep where it doesn't hurt, to not ache all the time. I just want the pain to be done.

1 comment:

sam said...

I still have little spots on my forehead that don't feel things right. If it's any consolation, it used to be a fairly large area where I had no feeling at all, but gradually, things started to come back together (when a nerve reattaches, it feels like it's sending signals for hot/cold/painful (the three main types of sensation) all at once). Now, there are very specific points where I have certain sensations accurately but others less so.

So, take B vitamins, like that doctor at the clinic told me to take for my hand earlier this fall, and things will get better with time.